Monday, October 17, 2011

Cycling Gents Are Chic Too


You just can't get enough from Dominic Latham-Koenig on Vimeo.

Of course by now we've all heard about the rather rude GM ad aimed at college students (especially male ones). And you've seen the parody ads too. Perhaps GM execs and others don't realize that it's not just the ladies who look chic on bikes, but gentleman as well. Esquire magazine's blog recently featured two female bloggers expounding upon mens' fashion and one of them said this:

Trainers worn with formalwear make me think of city cyclists. In my book, there's nothing hotter than the fashion of a guy on his bike whizzing through the city. They're the male equivalent of off-duty supermodel style that many men love.

See there, fellas. With the addition of two wheels you're practically a male model--no crunches or powdery protein drinks required.

5 comments :

Jessica C--The Happy and Healthy Blog said...

I would like to go on a bicycle date with him. Cute video--thanks for sharing!

Courtnee said...

Definitely. I think that was one of the ideas behind the video--enticing cyclist entices you to cycle.

On a different note, I think I saw your video w/ your Globe bike on You Tube. Your bike is named Betty too!

She Rides a Bike said...

I love this video because, for me, it depicts making how bicycles transform the mundane into magical and inspire romance.

Courtnee said...

SRAB: Exactly! That's how fashion is often sold to us and I think it's a great way to sell cycling too. I don't think as many people get turned on by the idea of cycling as a means of making urban areas more livable because not everyone lives in cities. I don't think people are always engaged by the greeness of cycling because it doesn't feel very personal (like your effort makes a huge difference). I think everybody can dial into being the chicest fish in their little pond or just borrowing an expression of the joi de vie from across the pond.

Wholesale Printing said...

You have awesome thinking. I share to my friends. By Regards Wholesale Printer