Monday, October 24, 2011

Advanced Cycle Chic

Speaking of a diversity of images...



 All images from Advanced Style 

"...Dressing up is really a form of creativity. It's healing. Creativity is healing...when you become more yourself with a capital 's.' And it's not about possessing or obtaining objects, it's more about, as Tziporah said, becoming an art form and self expression"
                                                                                                                                       Debra Rapoport 

I love Advanced Style. The women profiled are so amazing. You really must watch the videos featuring Tziporah Salamon (second and third pictures) and Debra Rapoport (not pictured). Really the whole site is just inspiring. I hope that I can become more and more myself everyday without looking for anyone else's approval. That's the key to real style.


4 comments :

She Rides a Bike said...

I couldn't agree more. I am not afraid of getting older (I'll be 49 in December). I just don't want to stop growing and experiencing.

Courtnee said...

You don't have anything to worry about. I thinks lames are afraid of getting lamer with age. I think individuals just get better with age and look forward to the years where people really let you get away with murder.

Dottie said...

Love these!

i find that I care less and less what others think and grow more confident with every passing year, so I like to think that this growth will continue the rest of my life. That fact helped me deal with turning 30. :)

Courtnee said...

Thirty! Oh please. That's not older. People just stop considering you a kid. Read this Ogden Nash poem, A Woman Who Thinks She Is Thirty.