Tuesday, February 23, 2010

More Liberty of London Bike Pics


I wasn't the first to post pictures of the Liberty of London for Target bikes. I saw one of those fuchsia, floral affairs on for the love of bikes first. However, I was hanging out in the library one day perusing the magazines when I spotted a photo not-seen-on-the-internet of a Liberty of London bike in O Magazine. Unfortunately, my local branch doesn't have a scanner. That's why I'm so appreciative of Tracy at Comfort & Luxury's scans of the new bike. She did a good job at getting those tiny graphic details and you can clearly see how much the bike is and when it'll be in stores.

At $200, these bikes are priced similarly to the simple, white Muji bike, but where Muji is known for strong design and aesthetics Target is known for low prices. I haven't found any manufacturer information on the web so I can't surmise anything about the quality of these bikes. With Liberty of London's brand on the line, I don't think they would collaborate with Target on a crappy bike, do you?

10 comments :

Trisha said...

LOVE love love Liberty, but I think the bike will be no worse, no better than the bikes in that price range that Target is selling now. Maybe with specs like this one? Or the Forge Coco.

Kara said...

Ok, I NEED this bike. I saw the other versions, which I loved, but this one is perfectly Liberty of London. It is like a piece of art I could hang on my walls.

Thanks for sharing and I enjoy your blog!

Vanessa said...

Thanks for posting... couldn't help but post about it myself: http://fortheloveofbikes.blogspot.com/2010/02/more-liberty-love-target-bike.html

I am a bit sad that they chose to go the super cheap route (well, it is Target) and make these as coaster bikes... as is, looks like it would be a perfect beach bike but not ideal for NYC.

The Bronze Bombshell said...

Trisha: I've never ridden any of the Target bikes so I have no idea what the store's standards are like, but I had a Schwinn Suburban from Walmart and I thought it was a decent bike.

Kara: I'm glad you're enthusiastic about the Liberty bikes and I'm really glad you're enjoying this blog!

Vanessa: No problem. I think you hit upon the key to getting the most out of the Liberty bikes--customization. I'm sure switching out the handlebars would be simple enough and the truly handy could, perhaps, change the braking system (?) or whatever they disliked. I think the bikes are priced low enough to tempt amateur mechanics.

Tracy @ ComfortandLuxury said...

Thought I'd let you know my paisley bike arrived via UPS today! She's even better in person and apparently from a very limited edition: #78 of 110, according to the label on her frame.
Take care and happy cycling!
Tracy
Comfort&Luxury

The Bronze Bombshell said...

Thanks for the update, Tracy! I'm glad your bike rides well and the limited edition info. is a very interesting tidbit. Here I thought Target and Liberty of London were about to swarm our fair shores with bicycles and they're only making batches of 110!

Martona said...

I saw this bike a year ago at Liberty's website. Can't find it now. Where can I get it online???
Thanks a lot guys!
Marta

Martona said...

I saw this bike a year ago at Liberty's website. Can't find it now. Where can I get it online???
Thanks a lot guys!
Marta

Anonymous said...

Hi Girls...I'm aware this post is old, but wanted to let any interested parties know that I have a Liberty of London bike (as well as a Missoni bike) for sale on eBay right now. Thanks :)

Anonymous said...

Does anyone know where I can find a Liberty of London floral or paisley women's bike? Thank you!