Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Announcements, Transitions, and Developments

I'm grabbing Internet access wherever and whenever I can as I'm now landline-less. My family is cellphones-only for the moment and I suppose that's fine as we're in a huge transitional period at the moment- we're moving. My mom and I are moving--my involvement in this particular relocation is completely accidental as I thought that I would've moved away on my own by now. She is destined for another small town not far from the small town where we currently reside and I'm going through the motions as I feel that my job search has finally gotten hot. Still, I should be blogging regularly as I'm fairly certain that I know about every public computer within in a ten mile radius of my house.

On a blogging note, I'll be doing some professional-type blogging for Specialized's new bicycle brand, Globe. My Globe blog went live yesterday, but I couldn't get to this blog to tell you that as I was packing, schlepping boxes, and tidying the new place. The very nice project manager contacted me about blogging for the company about two months ago, but I didn't want to say anything until all the details were pinned down and the launch was near--everyone would just forget a really early announcement. So far, I have one post, but the second will be up swiftly. In these posts I just touch on my cycle chic philosphy as I wait for my Globe bike to arrive. If you want to see what kind of ride I'm getting pop over and check it out.

Even with two blogs to manage (for the next three months), I assure you that Sweet Georgia Brown won't go neglected. I already have six new post ideas, new blogs to add to my blogroll, and changes to make to the site. I also have a skirtguard in the works for Praline so plenty will be going on here.

*On an accessories note, stop by the cheap-crap section of Target that assaults you as soon as you walk in the door. there may be reflective goodies left over from Halloween at ridiculous markdowns. There may be some orange and yellow relfective tape, 90 cm x 20 cm, left and tons of LED blinky's and flashlights. Let me know if you have some luck.

2 comments :

Dottie said...

Fun! I'll be sure to follow you over there, too.

The Bronze Bombshell said...

Thanks, Dottie! I appreciate the fact that someone might enjoy watching me try to juggle two bike blogs!