Tuesday, August 11, 2009

What Mr. Lavender And I Saw In Virginia









Unfortunately, Mr. Lavender and I could not ride the trails at the nature preserve--bikes were not allowed--but at least I could ride to the preserve knowing that I hadn't harmed the beautiful wildlife in any way. The other wildlife we saw was of the kooky, plastic variety at a townhouse near my dad's home. I love religious folk art in the South! What is missing from this little photo montage are pictures from the Virginia portion of the East Coast Greenway and they're missing because the Tidewater portion isn't finished. In fact, it doesn't even look like the Tidewater portion has been started; I see no mention of Williamsburg which isn't close to where my dad lives anyway. The part of the trail I would most likely ride is a northern extension of the Great Dismal Swamp Canal Trail (better bring the mosquito repellent)and it doesn't look like it's beyond the stimulus check cashing phase either. I dare to dream the extension may be ready by next summer.

3 comments :

Dottie said...

Too bad the extension wasn't finished. Looks like a beautiful trip, though!

dayana said...

I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


Susan

http://sketchingdrawing.com

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.