Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Introducing Mr. Lavender!

He look's good for a bike "of a certain age" does he not? I believe I acquired him as a birthday gift at a time when I primarily shopped in Toys 'R' Us.


I really consider this color to be lilac, but "Mr. Lilac" doesn't sound as good as "Mr. Lavender."


He might be a pretty boy, but he has his share of battle scars. I think he got these when my cousin knocked him over in a gravel driveway during a tantrum.


We coordinated our looks on this day. (Unfortunately, I lost my sunglasses to a discourteous library patron who didn't turn them in to the "lost and found").

6 comments :

m e l i g r o s a said...

what a sweet ride!! and you look very cute, summer must be great &hot in the GA ;)

RidingPretty said...

Pleased to meet Mr. Lavender! Your summer dress looks like it helps keep you cooled off, very cute.

Dottie said...

You two are so cute!

Dave said...

I look good for my certain old age, too! I still have my 1962 road bike, recently reconverted from a 12 speed back to it's original 10 speed status. Pics here:

http://icyclist.blogspot.com/2009/05/my-almost-reconstituted-follis-1962.html

My bike doesn't have a name. Given it's color, maybe it should be Old Mr. Blue Eyes.

Hua said...

Nice! You two look very good together=)

I found your blog while searching for the best information on biking. I think your blog is very helpful and believe that you could reach even more people if you joined Wellsphere's HealthBlogger Network (HBN). The HBN is comprised of over 2,600 of the web's best health writers and their content is read by over 6 million visitors a month at Wellsphere.com.

For more information about joining, please visit http://www.wellsphere.com/health-blogger or email me at hua [at] wellsphere [dot] com.

Best,
Hua
Director of Blogger Networks
twitter.com/wellsphere

Iris said...

you and mr. lavender match so well!