Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Bike Miscellany To Hold You Over Until I Post Again


I thought y'all would like this poster. Jennifer Renninger created this riff on the popular "Keep Calm and Carry On" posters for her husband, who is a cyclist.

Did you know that there was an entire National Bike Month? I've been meaning to post that tidbit for a while, but I've been busy riding which is exactly the point, isn't it? Lately, the weather's been pretty unpredictably crappy and yesterday my grandmother went into the hospital with pneumonia so you probably won't be hearing from me for a while.



An article in Nylon reminded of a comment from a Portland resident about some of the more hardcore cyclists. I can't find it for the love of me, but a guy said something to the effect that some cyclists have a greener-than-thou attitude when it comes to their bikes. Even if you maintain your bike in a green way, you might still get some shade thrown your way because your bike wasn't locally built. I guess this means The Bamboo Bike Studio won't get many orders from PDX until they open a location there and grow bamboo on the premises. That's too bad because they make a bike with upright posture called, "The Local." Wouldn't all your miles biked count as carbon offset?

3 comments :

m e l i g r o s a said...

;D such pretty modification! luvvit <3

spiderleggreen said...

Time for a post! :D

I hope Grandma is doing better...

The Bronze Bombshell said...

Spiderleggreen: I hope so too. She passed the day after I wrote this and I like to think she preferred moving on to being frail and bed-ridden.