Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Lest I Forget...


In all my excitement about the bicycle's new place in high fashion (with society at large soon to follow, I hope), I've obscured what cycle chic is all about. I really recalled the message when I found my back tire flat four days ago. The closest bike shop (26 miles away) doesn't carry the 26 1 3/8 size typical of old three speeds. So I have to order through the internet and wait (and then put on the tires myself!).

Here's the link to the article, "Poster Children," from ReadyMade.

Here's the link to the pdf's of the posters.

4 comments :

KN0qqugiwM3.Zb1yHUOppmB2v5c- said...

Just for future reference, most Wal-Mart style stores that carry bikes (up here in the Pacific Northwest we have Fred Meyer, and many hardware stores have a "bicycle" section, too) will have this size. I always encourage patronizing your LBS, but 26 miles surely isn't very "L", so you are totally justified in seeking alternatives. Check around, I'll bet you can find them in an unlikely corner. Val

RidingPretty said...

Love your latest string of posts... all good!

spiderleggreen said...

cool poster!

The Bronze Bombshell said...

Val: Thanks for the tip, Val. They had the correct size tires and other bike parts at Walmart. Now I just have to figure out if I can actually use them. After talking with my dad I'm not sure what kind if tires I have, tubed or tubeless.

RP: Thanks!

Spider: Thanks. I thought it was pretty cool myself.