Friday, January 16, 2009

New Feature: ROY G BIV

I'm not always sure what I'm supposed to be doing with this blog. I don't see a lot of other cyclists in my community, let alone any in snazzy outfits or even riding a bike with a chainguard. I'm not a particularly good photographer (but hopefully this will be of little consequence when I get a digital camera advanced enough to compensate for my lack of technical know-how). I don't ride to interesting destinations. All I really have are my opinions and ideas on how to have a pleasant ride in as fashionable a manner as possible. As one way of expressing that opinion, I've come up with the ROY G BIV feature. I figure everyone could use some help finding bike-related items in their favorite color. I will make a concerted effort to show men's and women's fashions, but I'll probably focus on women's bikes because I think they're like second-class citizens on most corporate sites.

Not that I'll necessary tackle each color in order of the spectrum, but let's start with red.

Red Cycle Chic


I'm trying to show seasonal clothing items (except for the gloves because I couldn't find the full-finger ones in red anywhere!) so you'll be seeing red fashion again. Of course, I include a few bike accessories, but I'd strongly suggest you only wear the headphones while riding on a bike path or on a segregated lane in Copenhagen.

8 comments :

The Jolly Crank said...

I just like reading the views of someone who loves their bike. You do a good job with that!

Bike Jax said...

"I'm not always sure what I'm supposed to be doing with this blog. I don't see a lot of other cyclists in my community, let alone any in snazzy outfits or even riding a bike with a chainguard. "I don't ride to interesting destinations."

You may have answered your own questions about the blog. Just keep being you own bronze goddess self. It's ok if don't you go to interesting destinations that often. It's good for those in your community and those that stumble onto your blog along with those of us that regular readers to see you do the everyday mundane things on a bike. And doing it with your exquisite style.

Your doing a great job.

Lynn said...

I feel like an isolated cyclist, too, but at least blogging about it lets us connect with others. Try taking a video while you ride, if you have a camera or phone with that feature (a la Amsterdamize). Everyone loves videos and no one else will have the same one. It's interesting to see where other people ride.
Anyway, I'll be looking forward to Green in your new feature.

Jett said...

ROY G BIV = FUN.

Keep the fun coming.

RidingPretty said...

Happy you're back! You were missed!

Just keep it up, your perspective is uniquely you and always a good read.

I like the new series too! A good bicycle stylist to boot!

The Bronze Bombshell said...

Thanks for the encouragement everyone. It means a lot to me.

mappchik said...

I'm playing catch up on bike blog reading... LOVE the ROY G BIV posts.

As for the "I don't ride to interesting destinations." Since it's winter, most of my (less frequent) rides are errand running these days. The grocery store and bank drive-thru are not exactly what I'd call interesting, but... So What?! It the journey that counts.

Plus, as we get closer to spring, every ride become interesting. First daffodil, smelly pear blossoms...

I agree with the other comments - you're doing a great job.

The Bronze Bombshell said...

Thank you mappchik. The positive feedback really keeps me going.