Saturday, November 8, 2008

Trying to avoid a fall

Speaking of the decrease in light Autumn brings, there's the accompanying decrease in temperature too. Time to break out the boots and that has me wondering how much fringe, if any, can be featured on a woman's boots before she risks death or serious injury while riding her bike?

I'd be willing to walk or take the bus for these Sam Edelman boots.


Maybe I could put something over these Betseyville booties to prevent any fringe-related accidents. Like legwarmers! Betsey Johnson would approve.

What other measures could one take to avoid a fashion tragedy? I've been willing in the past to endure some measure of pain for really cute shoes. The price I pay is usually a blister at most. This is far more serious--we don't want any chic ladies wiping out in the street and being smushed by a car. That's certainly not cute.

6 comments :

Jett said...

These are good questions, but since I don't wear boots, I'm not sure if there is much I can contribute to this discussion. I do have long laces on a few pair of shoes and this post reminds me of something I no longer think about: tucking in my laces so they don't get caught. Every time I put my shoes on, I tuck the laces whether I'm about to get on the bike or not.

I would think a chain guard would prevent any mishaps, but it does occur to me that a couple of weeks ago, I rode my commuter for the first time with long pants and discovered as soon as I entered the street that my frame pump can get caught and pulled off the frame. I was able to stop and retrieve the pump before a car smushed it.

A test ride in a safe location might be wise.

The Bronze Bombshell said...

A test ride is a really good idea. Thanks.

lulu said...

Whenever I wear shoes with fringe (or long shoelaces), I always get scared that I'll get caught in an escalator. How awful would that be?

In regards to boot malfunctions,yesterday I slipped (but caught myself) in the middle of an intersection. Since I caught myself, I had no situation in which someone could come over to help me, thus leading to a love story as epic as any of (fictional) Meg Ryan's. I've been slipping in my boots rather frequently, even though I got them a month ago. Later that day, I found out that foot petals makes these anti slipping things: http://www.footpetals.com/cgi-bin/footpetals/Sole%20Stopperz.html Idea! You should write to them and ask for fringe boot protection! Hehe. -Tricia

rothargirl said...

Ha! Tassles are always a danger! Came across your blog and am really enjoying it. Hope it is cool to link from mine -
Cheers
RG

www.rothargirl.wordpress.com

The Bronze Bombshell said...

Thanks for the product information, Tricia. Anything that enables me to wear unreasonable shoes is always appreciated.

The more the merrier, Rothargirl. I like your blog, by the way.

buy D3 Gold said...

it's as if you had a considerably more fantastic weekend compared to my own! haya lol, my partner and i invested it studying pertaining to finals. ughhh.
beautiful blog site, in addition!