Friday, August 1, 2008

Outbid!

My Raleigh Sprite has been sold out from under me! According to the seller, there was only one other inquirer about the bike. The potential buyer contacted her solely through e-mail which made her think that he wasn't sure about purchasing the bike. She seemed relieved when I made plans with her to purchase the Sprite and removed her ad from Craigslist almost immediately. I thought it was a done deal. It turns out that the other interested party called today with an offer to buy the bike for her original $75 asking price. She called to tell me that he came by while she was out and gave her husband $80 for the bike. She said that he fixes up bikes and lives in Atlanta so maybe I could buy the bike from him, but I know that he's going to ask a lot more than $80 for that bike once he's through with it. So there it is: no Raleigh Sprite for me. I'll have to keep on looking for my dream bike.

8 comments :

Thom said...

Oh man, sorry about that. Craigslist is a fickle mistress sometimes. Chin up, it wasn't meant to be, but the right one will come along.

Charlotte said...

Craigslist can make me so MAD! Just think though, you get to keep shopping and in the meantime you have Praline. If you didn't have a bike I'd feel terrible for you, but as it is there's a silver lining to this cloud.

The Bronze Bombshell said...

Yeah, I'm not too put out. I've been burned by Craigslist before when a guy sold a Schwinn Breeze out from under me.

2whls3spds said...

Sorry to read about your loss. I will keep my eyes open for you. I am currently working in Indiana and will be making a couple of side trips to Minneapolis, if something shows up I will grab it off for you...or me :D

Aaron

The Bronze Bombshell said...

Thanks, Aaron.

K. Inez said...

That seems pretty unethical. She made a verbal agreement with you.

The Bronze Bombshell said...

I wasn't surprised--money talks as they say.

buy D3 Gold said...

Sure it turned out a wonderful weekend!, I am pleased for you!, your own ensemble is actually georgeous!