Saturday, July 26, 2008

Stuff

I'm sure I've mentioned before how fortunate it is that being a slow cyclist facilitates shopping. There are things you need for the road, like a helmet and fenders, and there are things you need to express your style, like really cute shoes. One of the reasons I write this blog is to highlight all that is stylish in slow cycling. I also want to highlight some things that should be.


These baskets should be made for adult bikes too! In all the colors of the rainbow. I don't usually go for quick release type baskets, but if Kettler added some hardware to secure that basket to your bike and a handle, it would be perfect. And I would buy one for my second bike. Of course, I don't have a second bike, but I will one day. And this basket will be just waiting to adorn it. Although it may very well be pink or green or orange.

Now, in order to keep up with all the great stuff I find, I've created a standalone Amazon store. Just click on the link under "Treats" in my sidebar and it will whisk you there. I happened upon a lot of cool items when I was building the store and I covered some accessories that I haven't yet mentioned on the blog (but I will). This way you don't have to go into my archives to see my recommendations; most of them are in in my store.

Yay for shopping! If you see anything you like that I haven't listed let me know at grits9600@yahoo.com. I'm always open to suggestions.

1 comments :

John the Monkey said...

Zip ties would work for securing the basket, if you didn't mind having to leave it with the bike when you park, I guess.

I'm afraid I'm a "fast" cyclist, so my stuff goes in a rucksack ;)