Tuesday, July 1, 2008

I have plans for you, my dear

Praline Supreme will soon be getting a pretty significant accessory--a basket. I like this one. It should be sturdy enough to hold the huge amounts of plastic bottles I take to the recycling center. It might it even hold my sister. (Don't worry. My "sister" is my mom's Yorkshire Terrier).


Praline will also be getting some more retroreflective tape between her spokes and a Knog Skink headlight (as soon as they launch in August at a better price than $29.90). In the distant future, she'll probably have her tires replaced with white ones. But back to the basket. I may get really crafty with it and make some sort of padding to make my sister more comfortable if she decides to travel in it. I don't even know if I'll enjoy having her along for the ride as she's not one of those poorly-bred, runty, misnomered "teacup" Yorkies. She's a classic Yorkie and she's a little bottom heavy (my mom gives her too many treats). She's probably nine pounds more than I want on board. Then again, this lady seems happy with her traveling companion.

2 comments :

Charlotte said...

I'm contemplating a wald front basket too. Silver or black? I can't decide.

The Bronze Bombshell said...

I think the silver looks nice with with just about everything, especially if your bike's paint is on the metallic side or you have silver fenders.

Now that I have my Wald basket, I think I could've gone for a larger size. It's probably okay for a singleton like me picking up a few groceries, but nothing big like laundry detergent. Buttons just barely fits too. I saw a basket made by Sunlite that was 18x13x6. Maybe I should've gotten that one, but I still have room in the rear for a rack and panniers if I need them.