Thursday, July 3, 2008

Check my bike mehanic skills!

BEFORE

AFTER

I ordered this Wald basket through my local bike shop a couple of days ago. I picked it up today and put it on myself. I also removed the front reflector because I thought it was superfluous since the stuff I'll be carrying will block it. It's not often that I handle a socket wrench and screwdriver--I should've taken a picture of that too!

Now all I need is my headlight and my booming system (iPod + portable speakers)! I find carrying around my music preferable to carrying around Buttons. Even though she seems to enjoy the ride, she's definitely a significant added weight. She could really use the walk.

4 comments :

Rat Trap Press said...

Wald baskets are great! I installed mine a week ago and now I look for excuses to use it. B.T.W. I really enjoy your blog. I'm going to add you to my blog list.

Myles

The Bronze Bombshell said...

Thanks a bunch, Myles. I certainly try ;)

Jillian said...

Hey, nice bike and cute dog. You might be interested in this post: http://www.buttonsmcsweet.com/2008/05/diy-bicycle-basket-liner-for-your-dog.html

It was very easy to do.

The Bronze Bombshell said...

Thanks, Jillian. I think Buttons is going to be keeping her paws on the pavement for the most part. She's not fluffy, she really is fat ; )